Thursday, February 24, 2011

Esther ch.3: Mordecai refuses to bow

From Esther ch.3. A painting of Mordecai refusing to bow to Haman. Most likely a refusal to bow to a Agagite, not a deity/idol thing. Refusing, as a Jew, to bow to a cultural enemy.
I wold have spent more time on details and such since it's a rather large canvas (16x20"), but the closest it will be seen is from at least 20 feet away. It's an illustration for our Esther series at RCLB. Each week, someone is doing a painting to illustrate that week's chapter. So I went w/ 'mural' detail levels... just trying to get the general feel. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I'm a big fan! His wardrobe looks like he and Jesus shopped at the same store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My laziness showing through in not researching the Persian wardrobe circa 470 BC. :)

    ReplyDelete